Make it a habit to serve many of your meals over a bed of mixed greens. This is a great way to increase the fiber in your diet while simultaneously reducing your calorie intake. Top the mixed greens with chopped fresh veggies and a serving of lean protein.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger root, minced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ripe mangoes, chopped
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ cups non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 4 cups salad greens
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger root and sauté for a minute.
- Add the onion and bell peppers and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the mango and spices. Continue to sauté for another 5 minutes, until everything has softened.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Combine the yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Place the chopped chicken in a medium sized bowl and mix in the yogurt blend.
- Prepare each plate with a pile of greens topped with a scoop of chicken and a spoonful of chutney.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 286 calories, 6 fat, 185mg sodium, 22g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, and 35g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family!