One of the easiest ways to lose more fat and to get lean quicker is by eating dinners at home, rather than going out to eat. Restaurant meals are notoriously higher in calories than the meals that you prepare and eat at home. This is mainly due to larger portion sizes, heavier cooking techniques, and added calories from sauces, dips and accompaniments.
Resist the temptation to eat out by making quick, healthy dinners like this one. Chicken and veggies make up the bulk of this meal, keeping you lean and green. Instead of rice, serve this stir fry over a cauliflower rice. To make simply run a head of cauliflower through a food processor with the grating attachment, so that it is finely shredded. Sauté the cauliflower in a large skillet with a teaspoon of olive oil until soft and season with salt and pepper.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 pound organic, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in half and then into 2 inch segments
- 2 heads baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 Tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 ripe, organic mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Rinse the chicken and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions, sauté for about 10 minutes, until soft. Add the broccoli, carrots and chicken and cook an additional 10 minutes. Add the bok choy and zucchini. After 5 minutes add 1/4 cup of chicken broth, cover, and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth, arrowroot, sesame oil, vinegar and coconut aminos. Add the seasoned mixture to the skillet, along with the chopped mango, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 243 calories, 11g fat, 675mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 19g protein
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!